Monday, June 13, 2011

dear dave,

Today was the sad day we took Lucy to the vet to be put to sleep.  She was a great dog - always happy and needy.  I will really miss seeing her when I go to visit.

Favorite memories:  Picking her up when she was a puppy.  She couldn't stop panting.  We thought she was just over excited.  For 13 1/2 years she panted if she was the least bit excited.  So crazy.

Taking care of her during my parent's annual Florida vacation in February.  Usually the worst time of year to have an extra dog.  I remember her and Remi barreling down my wooden narrow steps on 10th St.  I would just meet them at the bottom.

She was always a handful.  Difficult to contain.  Running out of the house.  Stealing off the counter.  Constant health problems.  But she was the quintessential lab.  Always close by.  Craved attention.  And super sweet.

I feel so sad about letting her go.  Sad for my mother's loneliness.  Goodbye Ms. Lucy.

No comments: