Friday, June 10, 2011

dear dave,

yesterday was distressing.  I got an early call that Lucy wasn't doing so well, and all those memories of a dying Morgan came right back.

I got there around 1, and Lucy seemed just ok.  I washed her bed and cage, and gave her a good scrubbing in the sun, on the lawn, with the hose.

poor baby,  she is weak after having not eaten for a few days.  She just laid there, allowing me to do anything I wanted.  I scrubbed and scrubbed, and she was much cleaner after.

Hex and I spent the rest of the afternoon there, getting Chinese from Far East, and playing chinese checkers with Jimmy.  I drank way too much coke, and we also made another batch of strawberry shortcake.

It was all memorable.  Family time in Rockville.  But Lucy is not well, and that was the obvious overhanging cloud over us all.  you want to just hope that she'll spring back to health, but I don't see it happening.  My poor parents -- they do their best, but it's a big job to take care of an unhealthy 80 lb 14 year old dog.  They can't do everything for her.

She gets a blood test this afternoon.  We'll go from there...

Meanwhile, it hasn't been a great week work wise.  I keep meaning to do better, but it doesn't happen.  i hope this isn't a sign of things to come this summer.  I need to step up.

No comments: