Monday, October 24, 2011

dear dave,

here I am at the corcoran waiting on screens to dry.  Another monday!!  This seems to be the best time to write.

So - the weekend.  Pretty good, but not great.  I felt a little out of place, or in the way.  Just generally awkward.  With Tom's studio closed, it felt like the flow was really altered.

There were great times when I was happy to talk to people, selling shirts and cards, and flowing.  Enjoying it all.  Then other times I didn't know where to be, where to stand.  How much to engage with people.  I felt shy and embarrassed.  Of course I hate going into that mode, but it's so familiar. My go-to.

Sold some work very happily, but I still feel really anxious about all that I have, and I'm itching to unload more. I really think I need to clear the decks (more) in order to move forward.  It's hard to feel motivated to make more (new) when I haven't sold what I have.  blah blah blah.   But I'm super happy with my display, and overall work.  All worked well together.

Cards a big hit, and shirts too as always.  Humor always wins the day.  I need to drill that into my head.  people like to laugh, and it's soooooo great listening to all the silliness and comments as people went through all my work.  A huge plus that I need to focus on.

No comments: