Wednesday, August 8, 2012

dear dave,

messy couple of days brain-wise.  I go into the weekend focused on dog days and printing.

MUST-GET-PRINT-PROJECTS-COMPLETE-BEFORE-STUDIO-CLOSES-FOR-SUMMER!

So everything was planned and choreographed and went well.  Finished up print project saturday morning, then back to the studio for the sidewalk sale by noon.

Then Sunday afternoon at 4 we were D-O-N-E.  And at that point I just wanted to stop.  Ha - my motivation just hits these cliffs.

All of a sudden it's monday and I'm doing sunday things (Great Falls with Remi + visit to Rockville to visit Jimmy).  I came to the studio for a bit, but put everything off until returning tuesday.

So monday was Sunday, and yesterday was Monday (anxious, false starts, wasting time, angst) and today is Wednesday.  I'm starting to feel back in synch.

The lull I was dreading (expecting in July) has come full swing.  Very few emails.  Not a lot of movement or activity.  Things just slow then stop.  I complain about it every year - because I really hate it.

I love the IDEA of getting a lot done during this time, but I fret about it instead.  I bide my time until I can no longer bide anymore, then I work.

It all sounds much more dramatic then it really is.  Yesterday was really productive.  It's just that it's draggy productivity.  One part getting things accomplished to three parts of dragging my feet.

Anyway - ENOUGH about that.  Moving on: to preparing for my print session at the corcoran this afternoon.  My last Wednesday open studio for the summer??  I hope not, but expect so.


No comments: