Friday, November 23, 2012

dear dave,

nice to be back at the studio today.  Chasing away those typical holiday blues.  It's always strange going from everyday life to suddenly spending lots of time with family, then suddenly back to regular life.  A weird emotional whiplash (and trap) I always fall into.  9 times out of 10 I end up depressed this weekend. [clarification: I am not meaning to say i am depressed now.] I go into thinking it will be wonderful having all the time off, then fall off a cliff, not wanting to do anything.  Just waiting for monday.

ANYWAY - happy to get things done here, and keep my mind away from all that.  Productivity almost always leads to happiness.

---
ha-just went back in time on the blog, to read posts written the day after thanksgiving's past.  Funny to see the changes.  Things stay the same though.  Weird.

(bad dreams about bsur lately.  I'm still working there, but leaving.  I need to clean up the racks.  Pick up a check.  Such strange snippets.  It's still so engrained - the memories of stress and fun.  The photo shoots and upset.  New product deadlines and long hours despair.  I'm so happy it's behind, but still take pleasure in the crooked memories)

No comments: