Monday, April 22, 2013

dear dave,

sitting in the corcoran lab, deflated after three and a half hours and no finished print to bring home.  Open studio is over, and it's time to call it a day.

working on some new prints.  Only a few more weeks of print time, so I'm anxious to get a lot done.

Good weekend.  Saturday I was here all day, and started then finished a bunch of commissions.  Soooo many little pieces to make, burn, and mix, but somehow I managed to get it all accomplished.  Wasn't so happy with the result until I got them back to my studio, and looked with fresh eyes.  It's always good to see it away from here (the corcoran).  It looks more finished or complete.

Took remi out, made a cake, and visited mom & dad in rockville.  A good solid spring weekend.

Feeling kind of separated from the time.  Too focused on future, or thinking about the past.  Wish I could chill out, and feel confidant in what I'm doing, and how things will go.

I keep comparing to last April/May (which was such a huge success).  Last year I was selling tons.  Last year I got that big card order.  Last year I was preparing for artomatic.

It's this year, right now.  Wish I could just sink into it, and feel content with where the fuck I AM.

No comments: