Friday, April 5, 2013

dear dave,

late friday afternoon, and I'm sitting here at the corcoran, in the little cubby computer lab, waiting for screens to dry.  It's really beautiful outside, but here I am, with my depeche mode and ice coffee grande in a vente cup with extra ice.

Weird kind of day.  I vowed to be productive after some pretty loser days drawing, slacking, vacillating, and flopping.  Wednesday with Josie was AWESOME, but not much of a branddave day, and yesterday I drew a bunch, but not enough good.  Drawing has been so hard lately.  I just can't do what I want.  I'm stuck and blocked.

So today, I had some big hoops to jump through, but managed.  A trip to Home depot, to the post office, to both Buzz's, to the corcoran, and later, to axis.  Drop-offs, pick-ups, check-ins, prep work, wood purchasing, and package mailed.  Happy to have accomplished it.

working on my second version of Steve's cat commission.  First was a little rough, so I'm thinking it's best to make another, cleaner option.  This has been a commission of versions!

Tomorrow will be a full print day, and Sunday we made plans for a picnic under the cherry blossoms.  Driving by today, they haven't even really bloomed, yet Sunday they are supposed to be peaked.  I'm dubious.

No comments: