Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Great weekend working.  Saturday in Del ray was a smashing success, but really exhausting.  This year we arrived early, so that tacked an extra hour onto the day.  Sales were slow at first, but picked up.  Weather was perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold. As soon as 6 came, Hex and I were ready to leave.  The advantage of an easy setup.

So great to see Barb and Siu mid-day.  Oxygen for us.  It can be really draining standing all day and being "On".  selling is not my forte, that's for sure.  But really nice to see all the smiles and hear all the laughs.  I feel really lucky that so many people enjoy my work.

Sunday we trekked out to ARTOMATIC, which is a hike.  Will be really interesting to see how the location and time of year impacts the show.

Stressful worrying about were to pick, but sending Hex up while I sat through orientation worked well.  He had some good spots picked out, and I decided on one pretty fast.  Surprised to see so many already picked.  Saturday must have been super busy.

Sitting in orientation I had this realization -- that I shouldn't be stressing about it soooooooo much.  that the people around me were not competition, but co-patriots.  I have such a bad attitude about everybody associated with artomatic.  Anyway, hopefully my new outlook will stick.  The other is toxic.

Sunday we were in Rockville (GREAT hamburgers), and yesterday I took OFF.  But there are 100,000 things to do on all fronts, so this week and next will be super busy!

Now > home to Remi.

No comments: