Thursday, June 23, 2016

sometimes an old song can instantly transport you - back to the exact time you remember listening to it.  Such an awesome thing.

randomly put on MINIMAL - Lobe mix (pet shop boys) this afternoon, and flew back in time to the little used cd store in georgetown on the corner of M St. where I used to stop in after work (ugh) and scout out all the indie remixes of bjork, depeche mode, pet shop boys and erasure.  Looking through the little sleeves, and asking for the physical cd at the counter.  Should I buy it??  Do I really need it??  I will love it!  The older guy, and the younger euro punky guy with the little circle glasses.  And the clunky headphones you could borrow in-store.  Such a moment in time - all lost and gone.  i get so nostalgic and sad and melencholy thinking about things like this.  My former self, making my way, frustrated with Adam and busr, happy the day is over, picking up a little cd to make my drive home fun, top down, cd blasting, all the way down Q st, alone.

M !

I !

N !

I !

M !

A !

L !

minimal

minimal


No comments: