Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dave Polo

dear dave,

Today my father sent me over some forms to fill out, and wrote my email address as branddavid. Love it. Considering he always calls me David (and michael does too), it makes sense.

I don't remember the time when I decided I was "dave" and not david. Probably just happened over time. It suits my personality though.

I remember in high school gym, this girl that was sort of tormenting me asked my name. When I told her "dave", she repeated it with scorn, and said something like : "I bet your dream is to work at Bloomingdale's." That was not so subtle code for calling me faggot. She put down the marker at that point. I was to avoid her, or risk further torture. I hated her.

The funny part is that I eventually started skipping gym, walking to the mall a few blocks away, to check out the men's Polo selection at....Bloomingdale's.

My senior year I was called Dave Polo, eventually voted "Class Prep" ahhh....high school.

No comments: