Monday, February 1, 2010

my pencil sharpener works!!



dear dave,

Today was my first day at 1716, and it went pretty well.

It was really nice to start unpacking and reconfiguring the room to my specifications. One of my very favorite things is organizing my space. So far so good, but MAJOR adjustments are planned. i love the idea of a big long tall work table going along the whole side wall. Right now I have a desk and a table as stand ins-a good temporary solution.

I'm loving the closet space. I was lucky to get a deep, tall closet in the hallway which has this terrific, sturdy shelf running along the whole length and both sides. This closet is perfect for storage, and will get all the large pieces out of my way. Its really really great. I get a good feeling every time I open the door.

Still not sure what to do with my beloved cabinets, but they will find a place. I'm thinking about axing them, but stocked them up anyway. They are like family, and when I put my stuff back inside them, everything in its place, I feel comfort. We'll see how they fit in as time goes by. I really like the idea of keeping one side of the room CLEAR of clutter.

Sitting here at my desk, I'm feeling pretty good. Not loving my computer placement, because its in full view to anybody that enters, but I guess Ill get used to that.

Oh, and I finally got serious about trying to fix my pencil sharpener, a birthday present I have loved since 5th grade. I was heartbroken when it wasn't working, and couldn't bring myself to toss it. Luckily I didn't because now its working just fine!

No comments: