Sunday, May 16, 2010



dear dave

the past few days have been crazy. I'm not sure why, but I have felt so walled off with projects that are overwhelming, and to ambitious to finish quickly. Not sure how I got here, but tired of feeling this way.

Friday hex and I set off to make my desk.

Let me step back to Thursday. Thursday I set off to deliver Gaggle, and adjusted my ZIPCAR hours so I could use the truck for a trip toHome Depot, to buy stuff for the desk. I thought I had tons of time,but I was wrong because before I knew it, I only had 30 minutes to pay, load the truck, unload at the studio, and return it to the lot. Time had just dissolved away. And hurrying was tough, considering I was dealing with one HUGE slab of MDF, and another cut into 3 pieces, and lumber.

I made it on time, but the rushing pattern had been set, and the rest of the weekend, until now, was just one thing after another, rush rush rush.

Rush to make the desk, rush to take pictures, rush to meet up with friends for dinner, rush to get back to home depot, to get back to studio, to make second desk, to paint desk, to get back to hardware store, to repaint desk, to clean studio, to go out to party, to go to bed, to get back to corcoran, to make new print.

AHHHH - there is where things broke down. Print I was rushing to finish today, last day of semester, was sort of a bust. So that's it for now. I will have to make due with what I finished, and go from there.

GLAD this weekend is over. Looking forward to slowing down, and having some free time (in my head)

No comments: