Tuesday, August 17, 2010

dear dave,

life sure is interesting.

I feel so holed up in my studio the past few days. Computer obsession raging. In full bloom! Not so productive. Clearly it's an ebb to some cosmic flow. Where is the flow? I'm anxious for the flow.

I've been doing a lot of surfing, looking for new ways to market myself and art. Of course I want instant payoff, which is stupid and impractical. It all takes time. The world is so huge. Other people seem to prosper, or appear to prosper.

I'm in this CONSTANT cycle of doing something small, and then monitoring the reactions. Comments! Emails! But they don't come on my schedule, and all I feel is frustration. Which sucks. And is useless.

I should just turn the screen off, and work. But it always seems to suck me back in.

I want to change, but refuse to. round and round we go.

No comments: