Tuesday, September 14, 2010

dear dave,

I've been a little blog neglectful the past few days. I've been in a pissy mood, and that's not so interesting to record.

Caramel show is up and running. I'm happy with it and really really like the space. I never know what the reaction will be about my work. I don't have much control.

(just deleted an entire paragraph that was just here about trying to get people to the show, and how to sell work more effectively)

I always come this conclusion: so much is out of my control. Yet I keep thinking it's not, and beat myself up over it.

I should change this...make work that's more like that...start printing on paper...focus on commissions...draw better...try harder...be better.

-------

All I can do is make the work, set up as many shows as possible, make a website, promote these things, and hope for the best.

And maybe get a job.

No comments: