Saturday, February 26, 2011

dear dave,

back at the corcoran, on a productive Saturday. I've been stressed about getting these 6 prints done, so I got here early to secure a space. Had my wood, my temperas, positives. PREPARED! Feels good for a change.

Got through 2 prints pretty easily. Surprised. I think they are good--Sort of "bounce-offs" to the more exciting ones in the collection.

Fretted about coating my bird print yesterday. So afraid it would mask the color I worked so hard on. Kind of did a little bit, but I don't know how else to protect it. There is probably a better way.

THese prints have been such a struggle! Start to finish. I'm teaching myself as I go, and there is no easy way to undo, and step back. I wish they were a little more perfect, but I'm doing my best I guess. hard.

I don't even have a plan for the installation, which makes me anxious. What I have planned should work, but again, it's another learning thing. Just wish I would hear back from --- so I could feel more settled.

-----
I was so down on myself yesterday afternoon. Typical Friday angst. I make the same mistakes over and over. There I was, unable to finish things that had to be done. Another missed opportunity. Squandered time. Wasted money. GRRR.

Luckily I can put it behind me, and try to do better. Thank God I have no ----.

No comments: