Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday afternoon at the corcoran.  There are packs of visitors being led around to check out the corcoran - and we feel like zoo animals as we work.  It's kind of funny

Feeling better after a few really lousy days of frustration and angst.  So much stress surrounding this Axis work.  I finally finally finally (finally!) think I've found my way.   But it's been so rough getting here.

I'm doing six print/paintings using the drawings I made for Barb back in December.  Really basic silhouettes.  I set them up in illustrator, and have been struggling ever since trying to figure out how to make them (perfect).  I wanted to keep them bright, printed, and light.

Solutions:  tempera paint for brightness and ease of mixing (utrect brand only!!)  Screen printed, not painted, using tempera for the printing.  30 x 30 thin plywood for lightness (and branddave-ness)

These seem like simple and obvious solutions, but it really was a process to get here.  Along the way I've abandon course maybe 10 times.  My head keeps telling me NOT to do these 6 prints.  To stick with my normal look and feel, and to not change things up for Axis.  I flap around in my head scrambling for quick and easy alternatives.  Anything!!?

Somehow I find my way back, because I'm into them for some reason.

So I'm here finishing up 2 of 6.  Moving along.  Committed.

No comments: