Monday, July 16, 2012

dear dave,

the main story this month has been HEAT.  We had a reprieve last week, but this week will be super hot again.  It makes everything suck - difficult and lagging.  Just got back from a trek to the post office, and I feel like I walked through a 20 mile desert.  It's miserable.

It also means blinds are drawn, doors are closed, and I can't get enough water in me.  Blah!  Sweaty and cranky.

Still feel hung over from my mood last week.  Sluggish and defensive.  Little things turn into ordeals and frustrations.  Just now a simple online order through Staples felt like a war - leaving me frustrated and angry.

Things are summer stalled, including me.  Got TONS done on Saturday at the Corcoran.  It was a super long days full of really tedious work, but I got through it.  3 solid monster prints completed, and screens prepared for Wednesday prints.  That's cool.

The whole print studio still makes me really crabby.  I hate dealing with all the perfectly nice and well meaning students just trying to learn and print and enjoy themselves.  I'm turning into this angry monster who scowls at everybody and generally acts annoyed about everything.  I don't like my persona.

I feel pressure to stay in a work mode.  I have a lot to do, and am so worried about slacking.  I just don't want to deal with anybody.  Not a great headspace to be in.

So I don't know.  Weird down cycle.  Hopefully it will all wash away soon, with the heat.

-------
Just now, walking back, there was a half (most?) dead bird struggling in the hot sun, between the curb and the road.  I scooped it up on my flat bag, and laid it in the shade under the bushes.  It's body was dead limp, with the occasional spasm.  Poor little brown bird.

No comments: