Tuesday, July 24, 2012

dear dave,

pretty good day.  Back on track a little.

Tomorrow is day 2 of printing the long-stalled dog commission.  I really have lagged in every step of this print.  C R A Z Y.

Saturday was a misery.  I thought I had everything together, and a good solid printing plan.  Plus the studio was pretty quiet.

Then it all crumbled.  My screens were horribly clogged (haze) from all the printing I've been doing (and all the very light and fast cleaning that's resulted).  Cut corners long enough and you will feel the pain - at the worst time.  After fixing that, and struggling with a suddenly jammed studio, my print order just crashed on me.  What could have worked failed miserably, and I just had to throw in the towel.

Luckily I had some back-up work, so the day was not lost.  But it was a crushing blow to my super tight printing schedule.  And it just meant another delay on this print, which follows many many many others.  Some projects have their own timetable.

I repainted the wood, made new positives, and just hope it works out tomorrow.  FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments: