Monday, April 14, 2008

sea of sin know where you've been


dear dave,
so much to think about. the space at artomatic makes my mind buzz. what to create and show? I want things to be big, and I'm afraid my prints just wont cut it. But how to I create new stuff in such a short amount of time? Is it all going to turn out a big mess. (trust your instincts)
Last night I thought about a poster stack - how fun that would be. So I'm reasearching that. Size will be an issue, but I dont want that to stop me.
Worked Saturday on print, and movie.

Print
messed it up a bit, which gives me the chance to move forward. It had gotten way to precious. I added some texture. Now it looks like the bottom of a pizza box, with grease stains. Decided to hit it twice. Maybe a mistake? We'll see.

Movie
shot a lot. Its becoming an obsession. I keep saying that. But Im shooting things over and over. I dont think that is a good thing. Trying to make it too perfect. Capture an elusive moment (like the shaking gun). Oh well. I think I got some strange weird funny stuff. Hex caught me midway through, and it was like he stumbled on a murder scene. The apartment was all sixes and sevens. I sort of became speechless, and waited for him to leave. Work will presume later -- after taxes!!

No comments: