Thursday, May 7, 2009

dear dave,

Last night went well. I'm relieved to have it over now, because it's stressful not knowing who will be there, how the movie will look, what the reaction will be. I think it went well. I tried my best (sort of). There is always room for improvement.

The screening itself was a disaster, because the sound cut out on the movie before mine, was fixed, then broke down permanently on the movie after. Thank God mine was shown correctly. I would have been pissed. It destroyed the mojo in the crowd for sure. Many movies didn't get shown at all. SUCKS!

We had a quick question and answer session, and I think I did pretty well. Its a striking contrast to have a one man team, and my "movie" stood out. I liked that part.

Analya gave me great feedback this morning. She thought that seeing a movie in a theater sort of demands a story. People expect that. And I really agree. I think I'm ready for that step. But it is a step. Writing dialog, and working with actors. There is nothing stopping me from doing it on my own, so I will try.

ps - Passed out lots of postcards before the screening. Good reaction. People sometimes don't know what to make of me, or my work. That embarrasses me.

No comments: