Monday, May 4, 2009

dear dave,

Weekend of shooting was fun and frustrating. It was hard for me to find my groove. The lightening wasn't striking.

I started with the sound, which is most fun. I really love garageband. Tinkering. tweaking. I figured I could shoot around the sound. That I would come up with something Saturday.

Saturday quickly came, but not the great idea. I kept working, getting bits and pieces together, finally coming up with a general scheme that I was happy with. Left saturday night feeling pretty good, but needed more footage.

Sunday morning I got up early to shoot in the woods, but had a flat, and things quickly spiraled into chaos. Found my way to my location, via taxi, and shot in the rain, with no coat, and walked back to the studio (most the way), and finished up the movie with what I had.

I had lots of great things, but had a hard time piecing them together into something that made sense. I'm such a collage person--I love mixing things up-but that didn't seem to work here.

Anyway, I got the film in, THEN had all the fresh ideas. Isn't that the way it always works? The floodgates opened. Oh well.





No comments: