Tuesday, March 30, 2010

dear dave,

pretty good tuesday. A few missteps, some angst, a sprinkle of self doubt, and a parking ticket.

I keep putting so much pressure on myself to USE my time wisely, but quickly get distracted, then overwhelmed, distracted again, then work some.

I tried to plan my parking well, setting my timer so I would remember to move my car after two hours. When I returned, two hours later, I saw the little pink slip on my windshield. CURSES - that side of the street is reserved for street cleaning on Tuesdays.

I made it into the Corcoran, and it was wonderfully clear of fellow printers. They trickled in, but I had already secured the prime (large) space. The french woman was back! I haven't seen her since '08. I made a crazy little video of her a few years back.

Managed to get a print done. I brought two pieces of wood to print, one for proofing. I was so sure that that piece of wood was sort of cursed, and would never work out. All the way up until the end, this held true. But just as I was packing up, I kind of felt differently. Maybe it's an OK version after all. But I still like the other best.

below: first color down

No comments: