Thursday, December 16, 2010

dear dave,

the days just get shorter and shorter.  It feels so dark.

busy day yesterday with hex, decorating two christmas trees.  all turned out great.  We decided to stay at Jimmy's for chinese.  Hex slept on the living room couch while I ventured out with Remi down Tilden lane, past "Little China" to Far East, to pick up the take out.

I was flooded with so many memories as I drove - it was overwhelming.  All the trips up and down that road.  Biking to junior high.  Busing to Woodward.  Going to Team.  Driving to my job at video village in college.  High School.  7-11 with MaryEllen.  Crown books/bear pond just before Irene visited.  Picking up Courtney afterwork to go to Great Falls.  Trips to the printer for bsur.

All the people that have come and gone out of my life.  It was like a flood of feelings, all mixed up.  I felt so sad, but I'm not sure why.  Memories always make me feel this way.  I get so nostalgic.  All I want is to relive those moments again.

I've been stuck on this memory lane for a while. So many things keep triggering:  Music, weather, smells, cookies, ornaments, pictures, roads, movies.

I keep thinking about it all.

No comments: