Wednesday, September 26, 2012

dear dave,

very unusual to take almost a week off blogging.  I got into a busy bubble - which has slowed today.

Friday was a low.  Prepped for Saturday, but mostly just moped around.

Saturday was good in Hyattsville, but again, hoped for better.  Felt a little bad dragging Hex there all day.  Like the previous festival, there were stretches of time with no sales, which really saps your energy.  Time slows.  Enjoyed being close to the stage, and probably picked up a few more wholesale accounts.  That's a positive.

Afterwards we went up to the 17th street festival as it was closing, and I became super-bummed out that I had chosen Hyattsville.  Seems like the 17th street was much bigger, with more my customer.  All I could do was chalk it up to experience.  Next year I will make the switch.

This weekend we are going to the beach, so I've been working to make up the time printing.  Saturdays this fall are all taken up!

It's like the more I push, the slower I go.  Printed most of Monday and Tuesday afternoons, and feel like I don't have enough to show for it.  All I can do is keep pushing forward.  Turns out the small prints take just as much time as the large ones!

Overall - things are going well.  Sales have picked up a bit, and i made some $ from the festivals.  Stay positive, and enjoy.



No comments: