Tuesday, June 9, 2009

dear dave,

Couple things:

1. phone detox- I did pretty well for a few days, but easily fell back into old patterns. I am rededicating myself to the cause, because I can see all the damage it is starting to do. I'm thinking that my phone has been a big contributor to my scattered head. Always changing channels and reloading. A constant need for distraction and updating. I want to move to a calmer, restful place in my head. I really feel all over the place, and all I want is f o c u s. The more conscious I am of all this, the better I will do.

2. Actually related to 1. I was so excited to get the NEW iphone, only to discover it wasn't going to be subsidized by ATT, and so it would cost ALOT. Feeling super ripped off, I can't bring myself to spend the money. Which is a GOOD thing, because I would much rather invest it in myself (branddave), AND, why do I need more phone when I want and NEED less?

3. T-shirts. I'm all over the place when it comes to this. What to make? What shirts? Why do I have so much trouble photographing them? Where am I going? I don't have answers, but I'm determined to keep searching. I think they are key to my success. Were and will be.

4. Photography - Again, where am I going? What am I hoping to get out of it? (funny, because I'm asking these questions, but I know the answers. I'm just afraid of them. To admit them...)

5. Gym - If I'm going to stay a member, I have to work out. I need to search deep inside myself, and pull out that resolve. Work out damn it! It makes you feel good! It improves your life. There is NO downside. Make that investment in yourself.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Gym suggestion - The ONLY time I was ever faithful to the gym and at my best physically was when I had a partner to meet.

We didn't leave near each other or see each other all the time socially so it became more like an appointment that I didn't want to break.

See if you can find someone that will meet with you 2-3 times a week at a designated time.