Tuesday, May 13, 2014

dear dave

summer is here early.  humid and hot few days in the studio.

feeling B E T T E R after a shitty week last week (all in my head).  I feel more together, and not so anxious about every-fucking-choice I make.

Wrapped up SPRING 2014 at the corcoran yesterday.  Saturday was good -- I decided to make a giant gull / no gulls for Open studios.  Something fun to work on, and will look good on the wall.  Even though I've made it (5?) times now, I still make little mistakes with colors and proportions.  After it's DONE, I'm looking at it and thinking the sign is crooked!  The grey should be darker!  The gull is too big compared to the sign!  But whats done is done.  Finished up poppa bear, then home to cook for mothers day sunday.

Sunday -- A fun and relaxing day at Bill and Annes.  Juicy chicken, cheesy potatoes, crunchy salad, and moist cake.  An afternoon of parcheesi on the deck in the sun and breeze topped it all off.  HEX 1 DAVE 0 JIMMY 1  SUE 0

Went back to the corcoran yesterday to do the dolphin, and it was a shit show.  Messy messy studio, shuffling people, clogged sings, roving SE, and fire alarms.  I got the minimal finished, cleaned up, and left kind of early.

Pollo rico with the girls for dinner.  Great to catch up over chicken.

Feeling excited for the weekend.  Lots to do between then and now, but it will all get accomplished.  wow - so optimistic.  A new leaf.


No comments: