Monday, May 19, 2014

It was a good (marathon) weekend.  I'm here back at my desk, thinking I should leave the moment I push PUBLISH on this.  I make the mistake of fake working (sitting at my desk, surfing the web, watching my inbox, but actually doing nothing).  It's such a waste of time, and a diffuser of all my mojo, creativity, drive.  Like adding 5 gallons of water to a great cup of coffee.

Anyway - the lead up to the weekend was smooth.  I concentrated on making shirts, and didn't over think the prints.  These open studios are turning out to be much more of a walk through then a selling opportunity.  Cards and shirts engage people much more then the prints on the wall.

Now that the weekend is over, and I have a few weeks off from printing, I need to consider where to shuffle all the prints here and there.  Where is the best place for everything??  Always something to stress about.

Random bits:

H st going well.  Need to come up with an exit plan though.

Nice to have Sally and Michael in the studio with me for Open Studios.  new energy.

I never know where to be, what to say, how much to engage.  My default is tho leave people alone to browse themselves, but I'm ALWAYS unsure about this "choice".  Maybe it's just easier, not better.

This week will mark the transition to summer, with memorial day weekend ahead.  Makes me anxious, but excited for the summer, and all that is entails.  Want to make the most of it.

Ok - good for now.  I'm taking the day off.  Regroup/refresh, and get away from the screen!


No comments: